Friday, October 22, 2010

chanel succubus

So, I'm starting a new blog...woohoo. I've been looking at the SS2010 collections lately, and as usual, I love love love Chanel. Even when it's quirky and weird, it still has this classic vibe that makes me think of princesses...and monsters, apparently. Because I drew this:



My dad said, "Hey, I like that Victorian vampire you're drawing!" It's not Victorian OR a vampire, Dad. Jeez. Clearly it is a succubus, which, according to wikipedia, is "a female demon who takes the form of a human woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual intercourse." Chanel, demon, sexual intercourse...it all makes sense, really.

Now I want to go through all of my favorite SS2010 looks and put them in different contexts. I think that's what I love about fashion so much--they're like costumes that are portals to different worlds. I can put on an outfit to make me feel like anyone or anything in the world. Does that make sense? I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Just because she's a succubus doesn't mean she can't also be a vampire. In fact some of the world's best succubi are vampires! Watch any Hammer Horror Film for proof!

    ReplyDelete