Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween, a few days late.

Fall is by far my favorite season. I love wearing coats, and knitting huge scarves and hats to wear in the cold. I love sitting inside, watching 30 Rock and drinking tea while the wind rattles the windows. And, God damnit, I love Halloween! I'm kind of a strange Halloween-lover: I hate scary movies, or scary anything really. Gore and getting chased around by malevolent ghosts aren't really my thing. But I just enjoy trick or treating, and fun home-made haunted houses, and gothic stuff, and CANDY, and stylish little witches sitting in trees. So I made a drawing:



It's kind of rough, but I kept starting over and over and over trying to do something perfect and realistic and it wasn't going anywhere. I figured I just needed to get something out and have a little fun with it, even if it wasn't perfect. In that vein, I signed up for NaNoWriMo this month. NaNoWriMo is short for "National Novel Writing Month," where you have to write a 50,000 word novel by the end of November. God forgive me for my arrogance! I thought it might be a good way to break out of my writer's block, right now it just seems terrifying...Wish me luck! I'm only about 200 words in. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment