Wednesday, January 19, 2011

the ties that bind

So, I'm working on some family tree concepts to make a huge multimedia painting type thing for a spec commercial shoot. These are the semi-final drawings; one is just of the plain tree, the other one has objects to put family pictures in.




It's funny that drawing family trees comes at a time where I'm making a big transition in my life, and moving away from my family and the town that I've lived in my entire life. It's exciting and terrifying at the same time, and I know that I'll miss my family a lot. Especially my dog. Oh, life! You sure know your dramatic irony.

3 comments:

  1. Nervousness is starting to set in for the job in Sacramento that I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN OFFERED. All my other trips far from home had an end date, and when living 350 miles away during college I could still pop home on the weekends if I wanted. All my other trips also involved me having a place to live upon moving. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you. It's weird leaving and knowing I won't be back in a permanent way for a while...

    Good luck on the job in Sacramento, I hope you get it! What is it for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to know that you'll miss your dog even more than, say...your parents!

    ReplyDelete